flowers for friday ~ lipstick holly by golly

ok girls ... grab your shoes, put on a little 'stick' and let's go dancing on saturday night!



i nearly fell over when i found this beauty, on the south side of the house where i had scattered hollyhock seeds from my established plants on the 'east' side of the house ... cuz if you remember, most of my hollies are delicately soft shades ...

where on ... or should that be ... 'in' earth did this colour come from? wowzers ... wonders of nature ... lipstick pink, baby!

speaking of dancing ...
if you remember my 'oh dear ~ not an earworm' ... you might want to clear a space in the kitchen on saturday night, put on some 'stick' and tune into randy bachman's vinyl tap as he and his lovely partner and wife denise are featuring ... you guessed it ... EARWORMS! (brand new for this fall ... show #197)

turn it up ... c'mon fellas ~ don't be shy ~ give'r a spin!

remember, too ... if you can breathe, you can dance ~
prairiegirl xo

seriously, you'll want to click on image to get closer

13 comments:

Deidra said...

I clicked on the image. You were right. Beautiful!

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

PrairieGirl: That is a stunning colour and a fabulous shot! It is also iridescent . . . Okay, so I can breathe and I have candy-coloured lipstick - I take it you are promising that I will, therefore, have a great weekend?

Hope you do too!

Debra said...

Let's put on our dancing shoes. I'll grab that sweater and with cool weather coming we can wear those black skirts too!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

deidra ~ thanks for clicking and seeing holly up close ~ it seems to be so much more realistic in colour like this ... xo
. . .
bonnie ~ thank you! i think being able to breathe with candy-coloured lipstick on is a surefire good start to a great weekend ... with a splash of good music, you're set ... happy weekend to you as well! xo
. . .
debra ~ it's a date! twist and shout ... black skirts et al! thanks always ... xo

Farmgirl Paints said...

SWEET! What a blessing to find that beauty in your yard.

GUGAW said...

ooh what a nice surprise! hoping i get some nice flowery surprises too though i'm relying on the birds having dropped some seeds ;D

Gigi said...

Wow! This is stunning. I'd love a whole row of these against a cottage wall. Thanks so much for sharing it. xoxo Gigi

knack said...

your flower is so very pretty....love that color!

....and I love that you are just talking about and loving some dancing today! :) xo

Slices of Beauty... said...

Girls night out dancing, fab!

blue moss said...

such a pretty flower and photo :)

annechovie said...

I love Hollyhocks! Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Have a great weekend.

My name is PJ. said...

Miss Lipstick is a world-class beauty! Ain't Nature GRAND???

I went to leave a comment on yesterday's post, being Peter Paul and Mary bred, and there was no option. I'm sure it was intentional, but I wanted you to know I share the sentiment.

Have you ever gone here:
http://ramblingonat.blogspot.com/

He hasn't posted in about a month, but it's all kinds of music and all kinds of background. REALLY good stuff.

Have a great weekend, PJ

pve design said...

I nearly fell over into my computer screen, when I enlarged that image, holly by golly - please send me an image of your home on the prairie!
pve