everyday, think as you wake up, today i am fortunate to be alive, i have a precious human life, i am not going to waste it. i am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. i am going to have kind thoughts towards others, i am not going to get angry or think badly about others. i am going to benefit others as much as i can.
~ dalai lama


lovely ollee n bee ~

i've been thinking today about these powerful words by the dalai lama ~ the very message, dear miss bee, that you have chosen to be your mantra for 2013.  if one would recite these words every morning as faithfully as they pour a cup of coffee, what an awakening would occur! what goodness would grow and spread!

whether a mantra, one little word, or a promising resolution, it is important for us beings to have guidance as we weave our way through this world. we need to continuously 'accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative' as johnny mercer encourages us in lyric.

i am sure you remember the day you moved away, miss bee. you dropped me off at my very first yoga retreat on your way to new adventures. upon being greeted by the instructor, i politely asked for the washroom where i immediately burst into tears. i missed you too much, already! i was certainly at the right place to bring me back to me and to know that you must go and grow.

it was that first experience with yoga that i learned about body chakras. the instructor continuously and oh, so gently pushed my shoulders back so that my chest might open. i've never forgotten that remarkable feeling of openness.

now, during my daily walk, i gently hold back my own shoulders, opening my chakra to deep breaths, filling my every bit with so much more than the glorious fresh air.

as you live your mantra this year, expanding your heart out to others, i will think of you as i open mine.

extra warm squeezes for you, miss ollee!

with open arms,
xxo
pg

. . .

three | three.sixty.five

. . .