One of the strange things about living in the world, 
is that it is only now and then one is quite sure one is going to live for ever and ever and ever.

One knows it sometimes when one gets up at the tender solemn dawn-time 
and goes out and stands alone and throws one's head far back 
and looks up and up 
and watches the pale sky slowly changing and flushing 
and marvelous unknown things happening until the east almost makes one cry out 
and one's heart stands still at the strange unchanging majesty of the rising of the sun 
~ which has been happening every morning for thousands and thousands of years. 

One knows it when for a moment or so. 

And one knows it sometimes when one stands by oneself in a wood at sunset 
and the mysterious deep gold stillness slanting through and under the branches 
seems to be saying slowly again and again something one cannot quite hear, 
however much one tries. 

Then sometimes the immense quiet of the dark-blue at night 
with millions of stars waiting and watching makes one sure; 
and sometimes a sound of far-off music makes it true; 
and sometimes a look in someone's eyes.

~ excerpt from THE SECRET GARDEN
by Frances Hodgson Burnett

.


my dear friend kim klassen came visiting this prairiegirl's gardens (and yes, my secret garden ; )
and has captured my world, as only she can, in the most beautiful way.
see how kim sees my little corner ~ come peek into my gardens 
by popping by her {thoughtful thursday} feature
: )

kim is beyond thoughtful to share a bit of me
with you and all of her, my, our lovely friends!

her gift, kindness and friendship are truly blessings  ...

thank you, kim ~ love you! *squeeze*
can't wait for you and john to visit again 
sooner than soon ...

.

off i go to where i need to be these days ...
tending my gardens
and family.

wishing each of you a magical summer
and may you feel like living for ever and ever and ever ...
xxo

.




22 comments:

Catherine said...

I hope we have a wonderful summer here in the prairies and that it lasts for ever and ever! Or at least the proper amount of months ~ like until late October early November!! :)

I shall pop over and visit your friend now.

Happy Canada Day Prairie Girl!
xo Catherine

Dawna said...

Hi Praire Girl! ...this is prairiegirl4 :) I am so excited to meet another Canadian Prairie girl! Coming over from Kim Klassen's site. So, where are you from?! I enjoy life on the prairies in AB, where the grasslands meet the badlands. Hope you will stop by That Country Place and say hello !

Sylvia said...

Hello,
Enjoyed the pictures of your wonderful garden at Kim Klassen's !
So beautiful !!
Lovely wishes,
Sylvia

Renee Howell said...

Kim provided a lovely walk about your outside spaces! Beautiful. The colors and birdhouse/flower combinations are wonderful. So pretty. So simple. Thank you for sharing!

Joyce said...

A great friend you have! I love your secret garden. Ohh... how I wish I lived nearby to be a fly on the wall with you and your magic camera. Enjoy your weekend my friend!! xo

Jillsy Girl said...

I've missed your posts...happy summer!

Marcie said...

This is beautiful!! Such a lovely quote..and sweet country garden.

fotogran said...

Just had a walk round your garden courtesy of lovely Kim and her photographs. What an absolutely beautiful and interesting place you have created - love your site too!

darlene aKa HugGeR said...

Love love love your blog, photos and wonderfully delicious words. I got here via Kim K. So glad I decided to come it's awesome.

mrs mediocrity said...

That is one of my favorite books ever, I have read it and re-read it so many times. Love the peek at your wonderful home and garden over at Kim's... Happy Summer, and gardening, to you!

deb colarossi said...

cannot wait to go and see..
I think of you and hope your summer is fabulous. I know it's short , precious, and must be held from dawn til dusk.

Anna said...

Hi PG, so nice to see a glimpse of your garden and life, both here and at Kim's! Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying summer:) Take care,

Jamie said...

Your garden is just like I always pictured the Secret Garden would be!

ELK said...

two of my favorite ladies .. such lovely poetry and photos ..happy summer !

Gigi said...

Oh, pg, first I have to say that that this quote is one of my favorites ever from one of my favorite books ever! I've read it countless times. The other day my niece told me that she doesn't like The Secret Garden because it's boring. I nearly cried. That book has shaped so much of my life!

And to get glimpses of your garden! How lucky are we!?! I'm off to Kim's place for a peek right now.

Sending you much love and hugs and wishes for a happy summer! xoxo Gigi

missing moments said...

Came straight over here from Kim's place. So glad I did .. now a regular follower!

Kia said...

Coming from Kim's. :) I love your secret garden. :D
Happy Summer!

LauraX said...

Oh happy day...I LOVE your blog...your photos are gorgeous!

Theresa said...

Beautiful blog. Love the Muir quote, one of my favorites.

Cindy said...

I love this post, so beautiful and serene. Your photos are amazing, plus the Secret Garden is a favorite of mine!
I agree with you on Kim's generosity! I am just learning to use her textures and she is so great about sharing her expertise!

Mary said...

You know, there's just something about daisies....They're so clean, and white, and simple and beautiful and..........

Henrietta Hassinen said...

I love those flower pictures and I went to Kim's page to see more. You have such a beautiful house and garden.