celebrating up close today with our little insect friends ...

like the ant ~ did you know that it takes an ant to eat off the sticky sweetness to allow the peony to bloom?

some say fact ~ some say fiction ...



the itsy bitsy spider definitely has it's place and purpose ... 

think of charlotte :)


i wonder how many species there are of teeny tiny flies?

this one likes the tip of the leaves of the painted daisy ...


and of course, where would we bee (i know i've said this before) ...

without the lazy buzz and bumbling flight of the bumble bee pollinating our fruits and veggies ...

did you know that some species of male bumblers don't sting?

um, i'm still not in any hurry to pet his fuzzy butt!

happiness to you ~

xo


4 comments:

Deidra said...

These posts of yours have been so much fun!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

aw, thanks deidra, you are so sweet ~ i guess you can tell that i could kinda go on forever about all the wonders of wonders about us ...
xo pg

Clarity said...

I think it's special that someone takes the time to absorb the wonder of creation. I never stop learning from nature and in effect, God.

Thank you for sharing this and with such beautiful photographs. It is a nice start to my morning :)

Robin said...

Oh pg, I just went through all these up close photos...they took my breath. To say I love them would be an understatment...but I do.