another drippy drip drip day ...


an umbrella day ...


because one just has to find a fence and take a picture 
for happy fence friday ~ rain or shine!

ollie wasn't impressed one bit ...

but he is such a faithful friend (yes, i think he thinks he is a dog some days ;) ...

he wouldn't miss it ~ mud on nose ~ rain on fur et al ...


he was kinda glad i was finally sharing ...


i believe he may have suffered a slight case of 'disbelief'

to return to the porch ...

high and dry.

: : :

a little water study at 2bbb, if you would like ...

:   :   :

mmmm ... and if you would like to escape for a few

then, i believe christina's perfect day

might be for you ... :)

:    :    :

sunshine on your shoulder

xo

6 comments:

Debra said...

I would dearly love to share my sunny day with you. Some lemonade perhaps? A little cheese and fruit? Oh~ wouldn't it be lovely?
I'm hoping you get some sun tomorrow. I bet Ollie wishes so too. Lovely photographs- do I see some lovely writing as a background on that last image?

kelly@thebluemuse said...

what a beautiful way to see a rainy day. and gosh, I just love Ollie!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

oh yes! oh yes! my dear debra ... that would be SO lovely ... but you know ... just having you visit always brings me sunshine where it counts most ... xo

thank you so much ... and yes, you do see some lovely writing as a background ~ it is part of a texture that i applied to my original image. if you are at all interested in dabbling in this with your images, then a visit to my friend kim's café is just the inspiration and guidance you need. kim has been creating her own textures and often offers free ones for you to try as well as some very informative tutorials on her blog. and if you really get hooked (warning ~ this does happen!), she also offers online ecourses! http://www.kimklassen.blogspot.com

thanks again ... xoxo
pg

Prairie Girl Studio said...

oh, thanks so much, kelly!
i have my parents to thank for always seeing the positive in everything ... especially nature ...
i have kidded with kim that i ought to have a blog just for ollie as he really is such a character!
*hugs*
pg

Katie said...

Hi! I found you and some beautiful photographs of yours in the latest issue of Artful Blogging, when I happened to pick it up in my local Barnes & Noble here in Southern Illinois...

I love the pictures of the cat and the umbrella :) My cat would never sit still for such a shot, she thinks umbrellas are terrible monsters.

My favorite is the close-up shots underneath the umbrella, straight up into it. That color is amazing and it's definitely one of those things I've never really looked closely at before.

Chris said...

Your photos of the wood and its light are stunning!!! I also loved the cat and the umbrella. Thanks for sharing thoughts of your Dad. I'm wishing my own Dad was here as well.