sunday soup for debra

. on monday .

many, many times i have been inspired by what's cooking at debra's lifescapes ...

in particular, she has a love of soups ...

i couldn't help but think of her as i prepared this earthy, soul soothing soup ...



it all started when the garden carrots were being harvested and i discovered a bag of perfectly good store bought carrots in the fridge ... { oh darn }

i was very tempted to add that bag of carrots to the compost pile ... especially with all the freshly dug garden beauties just begging to be eaten ...

but i really can't bear to waste food, so i was off on a quest to find some kind of roasted carrot soup ...

lucky me, i came across peter g's souvlaki for the soul...

and his delightful roasted carrot soup with ginger ...



it was exactly what i had in mind!

rich in taste ... pleasing in texture ... and so satisfying ...

i would definitely recommend peter's recipe

... and of course, all the heartwarming, tasty bits at debra's ...

enjoy!



mmmm ... now, what to make with those perfectly plump pears ...

12 comments:

Deidra said...

Looks yummy! The pictures are so pretty!

Gigi said...

Yum! I love carrot soup, and this one looks just perfect. I make a lot of soups myself. Over the weekend it was French lentil & barley soup.

You've put me in the mood for soup. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! xoxo Gigi

Simply Mel said...

Prairie Girl,

You read my mind...I was just thinking how I would love some carrot soup! This will be perfect!

And if I had that beautiful bowl of pears, I think a pear crumble or some spiced poached pears with some cardamom gelato would be delicious!

Debra will be thrilled to see this recipe, for it goes along perfectly with her lovely and comforting blog!

Bises,
Melissa

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Yum! I love soups and that looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing.

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

Thank you for this food inspiration! Soup is perfect this time of year!

orange sugar home said...

you can make some pear compote to eat with some pancakes or cut them up on hot oatmeal or make some kind of pear crumble with a yummy topping.

My name is PJ. said...

The whole soup idea - yummmmm. But it's the photo that I wanted to jump into! From the photo, you can tell that it's a home where you want to live. Your decorating sensibility is so similar to mine!

Glad you posted. When I came over this morning, I was actually singing, "Aeleen, where are you?" because you have been noticeably absent!

Purple Flowers said...

Prairie Girl: Debra will be so happy when she reads this post. You are so very kind to think of her in such a comforting way. I know her posts emit that comfort too.

Kim Klassen said...

oh pg
looking at your photos makes me want to jump in my car and zip right over. i love the feeling i get when i walk thru your doors. its as though i am stepping back in time ... a time that was simpler and more peaceful. i love being there!

the soups looks delic... the photos are perfect!

xxo kim

Slices of Beauty... said...

Looks yummy!
Always yes to soup.

bee said...

mmm... i'm with kim... just wish i could jump in my car and zip right over (although the zip is a bit longer for me!)

i was reading kim's comments about how much she loves your place and i feel exactly the same way... it is one of my favourite places in the whole universe... there is such a wonderful peace and comfort there.

If the CBC ever does a second Song Quest contest, how about we nominate Oaklands? I think there would be lots of votes from those of us who have experienced your wonderful corner of the universe, either in person or through your amazing photos!

Love ya!
Bee
xo

pve design said...

I hope you made a pear and gorgonzola tart...a savory tart! I love Debra's life-scapes too!
pve