quiet . forget-me-not




























i've been quiet the last little bit ... experiencing the inevitable ... caring for the soul of these hands that tirelessly nutured, nourished and guided me all my days ... weakening along with the body these belong to ... and the mind that so sharply directed them ... giving way to forgetfulness, dementia, natural aging ...

i feel blessed to be able to care for my mom these days when she is in need ...

she has needed someone to advocate for her in her daze of confusion as we discovered she was unnecessarily being over medicated. since that discovery and since quick adjustments to dosages, i am delighted and relieved that now she is experiencing a much brighter and optimistic quality of life she deserves ...

i worry about other elderly souls who may be muddling their way through their 'daze' unnecessarily ... it is so important to speak up for those who can't ...

this all gives more meaning to 'forget-me-not' ...























































these images spoke greatly to me during this challenging and enlightening time ...

thank you blomsterverkstad ...



4 comments:

Carols Time Again Treasures said...

Glad your Mom is feeling better. Nice that you are able to be there for her , so many are alone. Just take care of yourself too.

knack said...

...good for you for taking such great care of your mom.....I loved this amazing post! xo

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Oh, this almost made me cry. Your mother is so lucky to have you, and obviously the reverse holds true as well, since as you so poetically put it, "the soul of these hands tirelessly nurtured, nourished and guided me all my days...". Lovely, lovely, lovely. The photo is incredible as well. She does indeed have beautiful hands.

Prairie Girl Studio said...

i can't really express the feelings i have going through this with my mom but i knew that if i put part of it here it would help ... and i truly want to shout to the world to be vigilant when possible to help when someone elderly is in need ~ it breaks my heart to know there are so many on their own ...
thank you thank you for your supportive and very kind words ...
prairiegirl xo