first, you take an ice kissed leaf ...

then you add a layer of bokeh light ...

and a touch of uncle clarence love ...


ah.artography

INGREDIENTS

:: original background image
::  bokeh light image
:: kim klassen uncle clarence texture
from kim klassen's café

STEPS

this is quite a different process
as we are starting with the texture as the base image!

:: uncle clarence texture - soft light blending - 23% opacity

:: add bokeh light image layer - overlay blending - 100% opacity
add watercolor pattern overlay - soft light blending - 41% opacity

:: adjust levels - input 30 | 1.00 | 245

:: add the image of the ice kissed leaf
note: i slid the leaf to the left to allow the bokeh to shine more on the right
- overlay blending - 100% opacity
- add layer mask and soft brush away the hard edge of the leaf image

:: add text layer - letter gothic std - white

:: add signature layer

.


sunshine to you 
happy texture playing wherever you are!

xo

15 comments:

mosey said...

Just lovely... haven't done any experimenting with textures yet, but I plan to for certain.

Also wanted to let you know that you were the winner of my giveaway during Mortal Muses inspiration week. Let me know if you are interested in claiming it...
moseyalong@live.com

cheers,
kim

Jamie said...

So, so beautiful! The art you create is amazing.

ELK said...

so pretty and filled to the brim with artistry you are!!!

Gilding Lilies said...

Very beautiful!

girl paraphernalia said...

Oh this is precious, it truly is, how you captured the frost. I LOVE ps actions too...I wish I could find more to buy.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Thank you so much for the use of your photo for my guest post for Gigi at The Mapies Fancy. Your work seemed perfect for this post. XO

Diane said...

I've been away from Flickr for a while and when I realized I hadn't 'seen' you, I came in search ... lovely as always.

lisa said...

What a gorgeous blog you have. I always read your posts on Kim's site, but did not know you were here also! Just beautiful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about workflow. Is is so appreciated!

lisa.

Aagaard Farms said...

Just gorgeous! I don't understand all the technical stuff at all, but that's your job - not mine! My job is only to view and appreciate - what a lucky lady i am! Thanks for sharing....

Marcie said...

Simply stunning! And - I love how you've labeled it 'artography'. I'm asking myself why it is I haven't been here before? What beautiful work!

kelly@thebluemuse said...

oh my. yes, just plain stunning.

Simply Mel said...

Dearest PG ~
I know there is a lot of work behind the 'presentation' of these images, but the true magic happens from the moment the ideal photo op is spotted! You captured it beautifully!
Sending much love and happiest of holiday wishes to you and yours...
Bisous,
Melissa

Kristy said...

Just gorgeous!

Robin said...

Merry Christmas my friend...
xo
Robin

Lisa RedWillow said...

Stunning Image .