ten things that make me happy ...




one of my fondest childhood memories is playing fox and goose ...

a tag game ...

that began with a great amount of shuffling your heavy boots through knee deep snow ...

making a labyrinth, of sorts ...

of twisty, helter skelter paths ...

then, one person would be the fox ...

and merrily chase and try to tag the gooses ... er, geese ...

it was gleeful!

*

well, yesterday a game of tag in blogland was introduced to me ...

and i've been tagged!

anne at life in yonder tagged camilla at bloom who tagged kim at kim klassen cafe who tagged me ...

*
it all begins with listing ten things that make me happy ...

that's easy ...

but kinda hard ...

i've got a bazillion things that make me happy ...

• holding hands while going to sleep
• hearing my boys call out 'mom'
• mornings ~ especially sunday
• family gatherings ~ friend get togethers
• emails from my niece
• light ~ sunlight, moonlight, starlight ~ let it stream in!
• kindred kreativity with kim
• everything flora and fauna in mother nature ~ birds, creatures, digging in the dirt, the air after a rain, buds, leaves, stones ...
• smiling at a stranger, saying hello in passing by
• breathing. (and art and music and walks and bike rides and xcountry skiing and dancing and pasta and pie and wine and ...)

*

and the idea is that i then tag ten friends ~ oh there are oh so many wonderful wonderful souls to connect to ...

did i mention you in the ten things that make me happy, cuz you do!

i know lots of you know each other all ready ~ such an amazing group ...

deidra
joyce
kathleen
melissa
lily
sande
debra
artic mum
norah
laura


this is just a neat way to celebrate and link to others ...

if you are up for a zip about the fox and goose blogterrain ~ feel free to continue the game ...

for sure, there is absolutely no pressure to play ... just enjoy visiting these delightful blogs!

ps. the image above are prairie chicken tracks in the snow ... i think they were having their own little game ... xo

16 comments:

Joyce said...

I love your list! My fav off your list is "hearing my boys call out mom".

Thank you my sweet friend! I will hopefully have my list up on Friday.

Kim Klassen said...

truly a wonderful list pg...

just perfect....

Gigi said...

What a lovely list! Holding hands while falling asleep is one of my favorites, too! xo

Aagaard Farms said...

A wonderful post! I was having a rather 'overwhelmed' day until I stopped to check in here! Thank you so much for including me: I'm honoured! And thank you for introducing me to some fabulous new blogs!
PS: Thanks, Prairie Girl, for a wonderful comment on the Canadian Gardening blog contest!
Norah

Arctic Mum: said...

Dear Prairie Girl - thank you for tagging me. Will take up the challenge in the weekend:)

Ann Marie said...

oh yes! holding hands while falling asleep and mornings are my faves too. lovely list!

Debra said...

Ohhh-just in from lots of errands and seeing this! Thank you! I love your list! Now I'd better give this some thought and get to work! Thanks for coming to the party today-wasn't it fun?
Have a sweet weekend darlin...Oh-there's a big pot of minestrone soup on the stove-come back for dinner tonight. We'll eat in fron of the fire.

Joyce said...

Good morning my friend. I was a little late getting my happy post up, but did today (Monday). Thank you for coming to the party at Debra's place it was fun sharing my bday with friends as special like you. Have a golden day! xo

Julia said...

Oh, I love your list :)

Clarity said...

Those are sweet things, from the hand holding to breathing - beautiful.

Country skiing? That sounds fun and scary.

Clarity said...

Those are sweet things, from the hand holding to breathing - beautiful.

Country skiing? That sounds fun and scary.

Purple Flowers said...

Thank you for including me. I will be posting my list very soon.

Simply Mel said...

PG,
I'm so with Gigi on this one...holding hands while falling asleep ~ simple perfection!
Great list which completely embodies Y-O-U! So wonderful to 'know' a soul who is filled with such happiness!
Bisous,
Melissa

Deidra said...

Your sweet blog makes me happy! Thanks for including me!

bigBANG studio said...

Oh PG you are the SWEETEST! I have been SUCH a blog slacker these past two weeks, but thank you for your kindness and sense of humor (as always) and your encouraging notes.

As I was reading this post I thought, look! Another Lily! And when I clicked on the link a big smile spread from ear to ear. YOU are who I'm grateful for.

And holding hands while falling asleep is pretty high on my list, too. One last thing: you REALLY need to get yourself that "breath" peony bubble bath. You deserve it.

Love and hugs from the desert,
xoxo

Relyn said...

I enjoyed reading your happy thoughts.