flowers for friday ~ feeling good at a hundred

how 'bout 'flowers for friday' on monday ...

feeling oh-so-good at a hundred ... 100 posts that is!

thank you my faithful friends who have been oh, so gracious and kind and warm and friendly and welcoming and inspiring and caring and sharing and downright huggable ...

my gratefulness is truly beyond words ...



mind if i start at the very beginning?

it all began in the spring of 2008 when i started peeking into blogland ... what a intriguing place to discover and be inspired ... i couldn't take it in fast enough!

i wasn't sure where i fit in this new community, but i knew that i wanted to 'play' with all the kids in the playground some day, so i quite shyly set up a blog address in the summer of 08 with the thought of getting brave enough to put myself out there ... some day ...

i continued to marvel at these 'playground' antics ... who was there ... where they come from ... what their interests are and how they present themselves ... there was a great deal of sharing going on ... plenty of goodness ...

i was fascinated from afar ... and was feeling fairly comfy being there ...

then i discovered this post on a certain special someone's blog ...

and i knew the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom... (thanks anais nin) ...

the lovely pve's posting about goodness was the catalyst that put me on the swing ... pumping me up to a place of pure glee ... and wheeeeee ... oh my goodness ... what a ride it has been ... i never want to stop playing here ... it is just too much fun!



i have cherished every comment along the way, but i'll always remember the first, the one and only comment on my first posting and how it felt to open and read that comment ... it was like i had been given a gift ... an extra turn on the slide ... thank you oh so much, pve ...

of course, the element of generosity is grand here in blogland ...

and now it is my turn to give a little something in celebration of this milestone ...

each and every one of you have been oh, so supportive of my 'flowers for friday' feature ...



and so i have created a 2010 calendar featuring photo art images of flowers from my garden ...

feel free to comment ... and 'walk beside me and be my friend' (follow) ... and you will be entered to win ...



let's make the draw for this coming friday, december 4th* ... and i'll post the winner that day on my 'flowers for friday' feature!

* to honor and respect a number of friends celebrating thanksgiving, the draw will be made on sunday, december 6th ... thanks for your understanding ... xo



thank you ~ best of luck ~ you are all winners to me ...

prairiegirl xo

20 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy 100th my friend! I love your calendar. I made some for gifts this year. I would LOVE to have yours on my wall. I am already a follower and so glad I am. Your corner warms my heart with your beautiful photos and words.
Patricia has been the link (and special gal) to many blogs I have become fond of and so happy I found your corner of the world. Cheers to many more wonderful and golden posts. xo

Purple Flowers said...

Your flowers are stunning. They linger there so the viewer can imagine their scent. Thank you for sharing this calendar.

I started blogging alittle over a year ago, and was on the road to meet Patricia (PvE), but I didn't know it. To my surprise I met her online one day, and I've been grateful every since. She should win an award: The Nobel Prize for living and inspiring others to lead an artful and gracious life.
I know what you mean. :)

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

PrairieGirl: What a generous, beautiful give-away! I would be delighted to win your calendar. It has been a pleasure to follow your blog. And yes we are all winners whether we receive the calendar or not, because we can still come here and enjoy your work.

Kim Klassen said...

such a beautiful posting pg. every morsel of it is perfect. your calendar looks amazing! congrats on 100 posts. what a blessing you are to the land of blog!

xxo, kim

Carols Time Again Treasures said...

100 postings ---congrats. I am not a part of the "blogging world" as such but do visit several different blogs. your pictures and words are always an inspiration. You have a great gift PG and i am glad you share it with the rest of us.

hugs Carol

bee said...

an especially uplifting post... 100! you are getting old there, PG! just joking... what an amazing achievement for you. i am so proud of you, of your work, of the way you live your life with beauty and grace. i feel blessed beyond belief to have you in my life and to see your wonderful work and beautiful words on this blog all the time! hurrah - three cheers for you! love bee.

My name is PJ. said...

Happy 100! You really don't look a day over 30! What's your secret??

The thing I look forward to from you is MORE! I check your blog every morning, over coffee and, when I come up empty handed, it's disappointing!

Seriously now, Aeleen, PICK ME! CHOOSE ME!! SHHHH! -> Those others don't love you and your work nearly as much as I do. ;)

Deidra said...

I love your blog, because it reflects who you are. And you are beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the leap into the blogosphere! I'm so glad you're here!

Your calendar, by the way, is stunning!

Happy Thanksgiving!

pve design said...

So glad you are here, to make the world brighter!
Love to win those blossoms to last all year in 2010!
pve

Simply Mel said...

Oh dearest Prairie Girl, how did I miss this post? I'll tell you how. I've been going non-stop (or as my grandmother would say, like a turkey with its head cut off! - but this just doesn't sound so nice on what we consider the main course today). Anyway, this week has been filled with a lot of exploring, cooking, creating, and just being with my little crumb. After she is tucked in warm and cozy, I begin my 'work day'. The to-do lists seem to have piled up beyond my range of sight, so I decided to throw all expectations out the window for the remainder of the week and just enjoy my sweet family. We both know those to-do lists will be there gathering dust when I return.
So today, I thank you for being you and for sharing 100 posts of beauty, inspiration and poignant from the heart thoughts and images. I'm giddy with excitement for your next 100, 1,000 and beyond!
And what I wouldn't do for one of those beautiful Flowers for Friday calendars! Absolute loveliness!
My best to you dearest friend,
Melissa

Mel said...

CONGRATZ! 100 posts!!!
Keep up the good work!
-M

Jenea said...

Very good and funny blog!!! :)

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Hello Prairie Girl!
Thank you for your visit and Congratulations on 100 posts! Quite an accomplishment when you really think about it....us Canadian bloggers must stick together and support each other, which reminds me to add you to my bloglist so I can see your lovely flowers every day (or whenever you post). All the best and here's to another 100. XO

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a great post and a lovely giveaway. It's so interesting to read how you were inspired. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am a follower...

Gigi said...

Hooray! Oh, my friend, prairiegirl, I feel so, so lucky to be one of the people who gets to read your posts and the amazing comments you leave on the posts of others. And, I might add, the photos you take are simply sublime.

You inspire me with your wit, whimsy, and amazing eye. Thanks for doing what you do, and congratulations on 100 magical posts, dear friend.

Warm wishes,
Gigi

Mel said...

I am doing fine, life didn't go as i had planned so i am taking a little detour now ;)
But i am back!
Have a great weekend!
-M

Debra said...

WHERE HAVE I BEEN? You are so dear and somehow I have been absent from one of my favorites? I think it's the holiday lists that are getting out-of-hand! This calendar is gorgeous. Can I ask what you use for a camera?
Your soup looks delicious-I need to make that this weekend. Thank you for the sweet mention-and please...excuse me from being so absent. Have a lovely day darlin'.

La Petite Gallery said...

Congrats !!!

So Happy you are not 100 years old.
At first glance, I thought
this ole bird is going strong.
Keep on Bloggin Dear.

Yvonne

knack said...

.....congrats on 100!! I loved reading your blog story and how you got started.....so wonderful!

....your calendar is fantastic........congrats to the lucky winner as well!

.....hope you have a fantastic week! xo

bigBANG studio said...

Heavens, what a wonderful post, and what sumptuous photos of your fleurs! I can't believe these all grow in your GARDEN! A Gift Wrapped Life will certainly delight in each month's surprise blooms.

Your posts, photographs, humor and wisdom make your little corner of blogland a true gift. So happy to have found your world, and so blessed to count you as a friend!

cheers, and xo!