heads up!

last evening when i was driving home from town, the vast blue prairie sky was virtually cloudless except this incredibly tall billowy cloud that was just sitting there ... looking very much like the king of the castle cuz he had the whole sky to himself!

i wanted to capture it and share with you so you could gander and gaze at it and see what shapes you could see ... remember like when we were kids? ... but drat ... the batteries in the camera were pooped, so i was 'pooched' ...

but it was so majestic and captivating that i still wanted to say something about 'having your heads in the clouds' and that it is absolutely ok to do so ...

and i think we should practice it more often ...

here's some crazy clouds that i caught along that same road a few years back ...


13 comments:

Simply Mel said...

Some of my most inspiring moments come when my head is in the clouds!

orange sugar home said...

love this! I always forget to look up and when I do it is such a relief - as if it - the sky - were waiting for me to notice it.

Deidra said...

It's not often that I'm given permission to walk around with my head in the clouds! Thank you!

So much more value is given to being grounded - having one's feet planted firmly. The best ideas, I believe, come from moments of lightness and joy in the heavens above us. What a blessing that we get to visit there from time to time.

Gigi said...

I love this post, prairie girl! I've been taking lots of cloud photos lately because we're having such strange weather here this summer. In fact, today my husband and I were caught in a hailstorm. Amazing! I'm with you completely about keeping one's head in the clouds.

My name is PJ. said...

The sky DOES wait for us to look up and notice! GREAT shot!

Clarity said...

I love clouds and photograph them come rain or shine, maybe not as much rain :)

Beautiful post - time to switch on "Fluffy clouds" by J. Mitchell :)

knack said...

what a great photograph! We were just looking at clouds the other day while driving and picking out forms.....:)

I wish we could play together....and have dinner together ....that would be awesome! xo

pve design said...

I think I see a silver lining!

Clarity said...

That is so gorgeous and takes me there. Beautiful post.

Joyce said...

Hi I popped over from PVE. These are some clouds I wouldn't mind getting my head lost in. Very pretty. I'm glad you were at the right time and place. Enjoy! xoox

McGillicutty said...

Hello... I followed Joyce here... what a stunning picture!
don't you hate it when the batteries are no more...argghhh.
Great site.. Ali.

GUGAW said...

beautiful photo! i love it when you look up at the sky and spot a lovely cloud formation. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, look forward to seeing you round there :)

Vitania said...

Wow Beautiful - found you through commments on PVE and so glad i did.. I am off to explore more of this wonderul blog.